Where waiting for 2010 happens

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thoughts on Nate

Hey guys

I have to first apologize for my absence from the blog. I have been enjoying my time off a little too much, and I deprived you of my posts. I've decided that I'm not going to update after each and every Knicks game, as I started to feel like I was repeating myself. Instead, what I will do is I am going to update the blog for news and rumbling that I hear, plus give my thoughts on the situations. If there is a game I feel like I need to recap because it showed something I wanted to talk about, I will give a recap on that game.

That being said, I want to talk about the game last night involving Knicks guard, Nate Robinson. For the first time in a month, Nate was given a chance to play. And boy did he light it up, scoring 41 points on 18-24 shooting, while grabbing 6 rebounds and dishing out 8 assists. It seemed like there was nothing Nate couldn't do, scoring off the dribble, sinking threes, (3-5 from three) hitting mid-range jumpers, he showed the full arsenal. It led to a win against one of the best teams in the league. We are now one game out of the 8th spot in the East because of Nate's efforts. (if the Bucks and Bobcats lost tonight, we would be tied, but nothing you can do about that Knicks fans.)

However Knicks fans, I am weary. Nate showed us what he can do best, score when he is hot, and he is very charismatic and fun to watch. But we have to remember what happens when Nate controls the ball, the ball movement stops. In the game last night, it was the Nate Robinson show, with Nate going 1 on 5 on every possession. Nate is a player who thrives on streaks, if you remember last season, when Nate goes cold, the team is in a tough position. If I'm a Knicks fan, I do not want our season to rest on the shoulders of Nate Robinson, as talented as he is. I prefer to see the ball movement that has worked so well for us in the past month and a half. Now, this isn't to say that Nate needs to go to the bench. D'Antoni said that Robinson is taking Larry Hughes spot in the rotation, and if you remember Knicks fans, Hughes would play with Al Harrington, Jonathon Bender, and sometimes Toney Douglas for long stretches. I Believe Robinson is a big upgrade over the struggling Hughes, and I think Nate would be great off the bench with Harrington and Bender, as those are the ball stoppers. But those players have proven to score when they are hot. I think that the bulk of the minutes should still go to the starters, who have excellent chemistry together and share the ball effectively, and when it is time to give the starters rest, put in Robinson and Harrington to carry the scoring load. Robinson should not be used as our main offensive weapon night in and night out, that's how we dropped out of the playoff race last season. We should still have our starters take the bulk of the minutes, and only use Robinson when we need an offensive spark. And if he gets hot like he did last night, great. No one take him out and let him ride the streak. But if we see him jacking up bad shots, put him back on the bench and let the starters carry the rest of the game.

Thats all for now Knicks fans. Thoughts on the situation? E-mail me at nyec2010@yahoo.com

Talk to you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment