Where waiting for 2010 happens

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Arenas to the Knicks? Interesting, but no thanks.

Hey guys,

I just want to comment on the recent "speculation" regarding All-Star Gilbert Arenas coming to the New York Knicks. (you can read the article here. http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12326/arenas-to-knicks-walsh-says-wait-and-see )

First of all let me just say that Walsh was probably just being respectful and trying not to degrade the 28 year old Arenas. I really don't think Walsh is dumb enough to fall into the trap that Isiah fell into so many times in his tenure. Walsh will not sacrifice 20 million a year for someone with personal troubles like Gilbert Arenas, especially someone who cannot take himself seriously. But just for fun, lets pretend the Wizards call the Knicks with an offer of Arenas, DeShawn Stevenson, and Mike James for Al Harrington, Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries. (It works on the Trade Machine)

I still think Donnie has to reject that deal. No one can argue that Arenas has a lot of talent, but I can't fathom how the Knicks can take a prima donna like Arenas after dealing with Stephon Marbury for five years. We would end up reading about D'Antoni and Arenas having a gun-fight after practice one morning. Plus Arenas has 5 years left on his atrocious contract.

So Arenas, thanks but no thanks.

Other notes

  • Remember when I wrote about Larry Hughes being a great pick-up for the Knicks? Forget I ever wrote it. I can see why the Bulls wanted to get rid of him so badly. The way he is handling himself is disgusting and I can't even look at him anymore. I feel bad for the other players who have to see him every day. What a poor display of sportsmanship. Larry, your making 13 million dollars... Sit down, shut up, and be ready to play when your call to. Thats all I have to say about this.
  • Nate was picked to be in the dunk contest again this year. As happy as I am to see a Knick be represented at All-Star weekend, I am getting kind of sick of seeing Nate in the contest. I mean this is the fourth time he is in it, how many dunks could the guy have? And don't buy the whole "champions have to re-enter." Remember Fred Jones? He didn't enter again after he won. I love Nate, I really do, but I think it's time for him to step down and let other people represent.
Thats all for now Knicks fans. Thoughts or comments? Email me at nyec2010@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment