Where waiting for 2010 happens

Monday, December 14, 2009

Greetings!

Hello to all my readers! This is my first post on this new site! I'm creating this to give you, the reader, all the news and happenings of our beloved New York Knicks. I will also give you my opinion on each piece of news that comes through, good or bad. I will also try to give you my analysis of every game this season, noticing things I think were good and things I think the team needs to improve on. (I might miss a few games due to school and such, which you would have to forgive me for, faithful readers.)

Our situation as it stands now is this.

Our team is now an unsatisfactory 8-15. It is better then the way we started the season, losing 9 out of 10 games, but there is still plenty of room for improvement.

We have won 4 in a row as of now, Monday, December 14th. Our team has scrapped the SSOL offense, as our team simply isn't built for it, and has adapted a system that comprises of pick and rolls, screens, and finding the open shot. This move seems to be paying off, as our team has been playing better recently.

We also sent our energizer, Nate Robinson, to the bench. His antics caused him a seat in Coach D'Antoni's doghouse. I can only speculate that the final straw was the game in Orlando where Nate was celebrating every bucket he made, while the team was still losing badly. Knicks fans, we're trying to build a team that celebrates winning and hard play, not baskets made when the team is down by 20. I don't know about you but I am tired of 20 point loses, I want to start accumulating some 20 point wins. The 113-96 win in New Orleans was great, I want to have more of them. I'm sure Coach D'Antoni will bring Nate back when he realizes our focus should be to win, not score points. If Nate never realizes that, well he can stay on the bench, rooting on our team when we win games.

Finally, it's no secret that the team's focus is to get LeBron James in the offseason. As of right now, with our cap space, we have enough money to sign someone like LeBron and a few other pieces to compliment him. Our goal is to trade Eddy Curry and/or Jared Jeffries by the February trade deadline. If we manage to trade one of them, we will have enough money for two, count em, two, max contract guys. (Imagine LeBron and Amare Stoudemire running the pick and roll, or LeBron and Bosh, or.... Dare I say it... LeBron and Wade just killing every team in the league with their tantalizing play. It makes me giddy.) There are no offers that we know of now for these two, but there are still two months left until the deadline. Jeffries has been playing excellent defense recently, so NY is hoping that a team who needs a lockdown defenders who happens to have an expiring contract takes a look at the versatile Jeffries. Curry is going to be harder to trade with his big contract and the fact he has been injured a lot recently. But the fact he has dropped a lot of weight (that is an understatement, he looks like another person) helps the cause, if he could retain anywhere close to that 06-07 form, where he was almost in the all-star game, then I am confident there is some team out there who could use his services. (We are playing the Bobcats tomorrow, if I were D'Antoni, I would get Curry involved early and cross my fingers that he has a good game. It is no secret that Brown liked Curry from his days in NY, and may be able to swing a trade that brings us some expirings.)

That is all for now. I hope you enjoyed my first post, I will try to update you later with the recent news of Jonathon Bender joining the team. I will give you my opinion on the signing as well as what I have been hearing about it.

If any of you guys ever have questions about the team, or want to comment on an article, or just want to chat about the team, you can email me at nyec2010@yahoo.com. I will try to answer any email's you guys send.

No comments:

Post a Comment